BACK TO TOP
Build Your Own Business
Is there a setup fee? No. There are no setup fees on any of our plans.
Do I need to enter my credit card details to sign up? No. You can sign up and use Shopify for 14 days without entering your credit card details. At the end of your trial, or when you decide to launch your store, you will need to pick a plan and enter your credit card details.
- Can I cancel my account at any time?
- Yes. If you ever decide that Shopify isn't the best ecommerce platform for your business, simply cancel your account from your control panel.
- How long are your contracts?
- All Shopify plans are month to month unless you sign up for an annual or biennial plan.
- Do you offer any discounted plans?
- Yes, we offer a 10% discount on an annual and a 20% discount on a biennial plans, when they are paid upfront.
- Can I change my plan later on?
- Absolutely! You can upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time.
- Is Shopify PCI Compliant or PCI Certified?
- Yes. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. This means all your data and customer information is ultra secure.
Do I have to sell the same products in-store as I do online? No, you can choose exactly what products to sell online, in-store, or both.
What is the rate if I type in a credit card? If you chose to type in a credit card number instead of using the Shopify credit card reader, we charge a fixed rate of 3.0% + 30¢. This high rate is due to the higher fraud risk associated with such transactions.
Can I use my own domain name? Yes. Your online store can use an existing domain name that you own, or you can purchase a domain name within Shopify's control panel. We also provide a free myshopify.com domain name to all stores on sign up.
What are your bandwidth fees? There are none. All Shopify plans include unlimited bandwidth for free.
Do I need a web host? No. All Shopify plans include secure, unlimited ecommerce hosting for your online store. Shopify uses the best servers, networks and a global CDN to ensure your ecommerce site is reliable and fast. POS Questions
Can I use Shopify POS with my own payment terminal? Yes. You can create custom payment options within the Shopify POS app (such as cash, debit, IOU, anything!) and record any type of payment.
Can I sell with Shopify POS on more than one iPad? Yes! You can have multiple “registers” by using more than one iPad running Shopify POS in your store. Use as many iPads as you need!
Do I have to re-add my products to Shopify POS? No, if you already have a Shopify ecommerce store with products added, all of your products will be automatically loaded in Shopify POS when you first log in to the app.
I already have a cash drawer and printer. Will they work with Shopify POS? We do support a variety of third-party hardware. Visit the Support Documentation for a list of hardware that is compatible with Shopify POS. But keep in mind: the model numbers must be an exact match.
Will I be able to track my in-store and online sales separately? Absolutely. The new Shopify Reports feature is customizable. You can track your online and in-store sales together, separately – however you want!